Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat to yourself frequently so they become part of your subconscious mind. At the beginning, your conscious mind may not want to accept these thoughts. But gradually as you repeat the affirmation or affirmations throughout the day you will mold your conscious mind and subconscious mind into a partnership. When this happens, there's no limit to the miraculous changes that can occur in your life. You will have harnessed the power to use your mind to manifest the people, resources, and situations to make your wishes and dreams come true.
In order to use affirmations successfully there are some important things to remember:
- You should phrase them as positive statements. For example, "I want to get rid of all my debt" is not a positive affirmation because it focuses on what you want to eliminate instead of what you want to create. A better affirmation would be "I'm on track to earn $65,000 this year and I'll have surplus money after I meet all my needs."
- You should be clear and specific about what you desire. You should also phrase your affirmation in the present tense so that your mind begins the work right now, not at some future date. For example, "I want a new, larger house" is not very specific. Also, you're expressing this affirmation as a desire you want for the future not something you expect to begin manifesting right now. A better affirmation would be "I'm living in a beautiful 3-bedroom, 2-bath house with a gourmet kitchen and landscaped back yard."
- You should repeat affirmations frequently throughout the day in your mind and out loud when you can.
- You should feel the emotions you'll feel when the affirmation is manifested. For example, as you state that affirmation for the new house, think about how you'll feel as you live there and cook enticing meals in your gourmet kitchen or relax in your spacious back yard.
- You should begin with affirmations that are within your belief system but continue to expand your belief system as you manifest more and more. For example, if you've only earned $35,000 a year in previous jobs, it might be difficult to accept an affirmation that you'll make $1,000,000 next year. As you become more and more successful with manifestation, you'll become more confident in your abilities and your conscious mind won't offer resistance.
Using positive affirmations takes practice but is well worth the effort. The idea is to realize that your thoughts, affirmations, imagination, emotions, and ability to visualize yourself in a specific situation work in tandem to create a new reality. If you're consistent and focused in presenting your desire to your conscious and subconscious mind in the here and now, it will happen.