Dr. Joe Vitale (1953- )
Internet Marketing Thought Leader and Master of Hypnotic Writing known as "Mr. Fire"
"You are the Michelangelo of your own life. The David that you are sculpting is you. And you do it with your thoughts." -- Dr. Joe Vitale
Born in 1953 in the town of Warren in Ohio, Joe Vitale wanted to be an author at an early age. At the beginning it seemed that this dream would never happen. Joe's brother was working on the railroad and at the age of five Joe went to work helping to build railroad tracks and maintain them. The railroad work was the way he spent his weekends and every summer as he was going to school from grade school through college. He hated every minute of it and his goal was to break out of that life. He attended school in Niles, Ohio and majored in public relations and journalism at Kent State University.
After college he looked for work in Ohio, but he couldn't find employment. In search of stable work, he moved to Dallas, Texas. This was the beginning of a period of great hardship in his life. Swindled out of his savings, he became homeless and for awhile he slept on the steps of the post office. He moved to Houston where he lived in poverty for many years, first alone and then with his wife. He admits that he had a poverty mindset and for a long time he couldn't break out of it.
To pull himself out of that feeling of despair, he embarked on what became a lifelong course of self study. He read all the self-improvement books he could get his hands on. Little by little he started to make improvements in the quality of his life by using the principles of the Law of Attraction. He worked at a series of odd jobs. He was a reporter for a while and then a laborer. He went to work as a temporary worker for the hiring agency, Manpower, and eventually was hired by Exxon. He had started in their oil and gas department as a temp and they liked him so he worked for them for five years. But he hadn't given up his dream of writing for a living, so he started to write and also took his first steps as a public speaker.
Zen and the Art of Writing
Joe had his first big career break when he received his first publishing contract for Zen and the Art of Writing. It was an awakening for him because he realized that most publishers weren't doing a very good job marketing books. He took it upon himself to learn copywriting, marketing, and publicity so that he could publicize his own book and make more sales.
As sales for his book continued to rise, his publisher noticed that his unique marketing techniques were working. Other authors started to notice too and they sought Joe out for his advice. At the beginning he was sharing his marketing know-how for free until someone suggested that he could make a business out of his expertise.
The Internet Explosion
Joe taught classes at Leisure Learning, an adult education facility, established in the late 70s, in Houston. He was starting to improve his financial situation and making a name for himself in his chosen field of copywriting, publicity, and marketing. Then the internet happened. It was the early 90s and suddenly everyone was talking about fortunes that were being made on the internet. Joe was skeptical, but he starting to put up content similar to what he had been teaching at Leisure Learning and the results were amazing. The audience for his materials went global and he was starting to getting clients from all over the world. With this encouragement, he continued to publish more books and he launched ebooks as well. Vitale states that he was the very first instructor to offer online classes by email. His wealth increased and his fame spread.
A prolific writer, Joe Vitale has authored over 25 bestselling books and scores of ebooks and audio programs. He's a master of the hypnotic writing needed in sales letters and other types of marketing collateral. He launched his own company, Hypnotic Marketing, Inc., a full-service marketing consultancy. His company offers home-study programs that teach students the secrets of writing to persuade. A partial list of his clients includes Doubleday Books, The American Business Women's Association, Hermann Children's Hospital, PBS Television, and the American Red Cross. Nicknamed Mr. Fire®, his ability to hypnotize through writing virtually makes his sales letters and other marketing pieces "catch fire" yielding unbelievable results for his clients.
The Buddha of the Internet
Joe has been called the Buddha of the Internet for his ability to take complex psychological issues and explain them in simple, layperson's terms. As he used the Law of Attraction to make changes in his own life, he became a student of the spiritual and metaphysical and combined these interests and talents with his writing and marketing abilities. He's become one of the world's top copywriters and marketers both offline and online. For his understanding of the Law of Attraction and his spiritual endeavors, he's received an honorary doctorate from the University of Metaphysics in Sedona, Arizona and, for his marketing abilities, he's received an honorary doctorate from the University of Belford. In addition to his speaking, authoring, and writing abilities, he's expanded his repertoire of skills to become a metaphysical practitioner, a certified Chi Kung healer, an ordained minister, and a certified hypnotherapist.
In 2006, Joe Vitale was asked to join a group of other well-connected thought leaders for a movie about the Law of Attraction called The Secret. His down-to-earth, yet charismatic, style anchors the film as he explains the Law of Attraction. The movie and subsequent book attracted attention worldwide and was featured in television programs by Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, and Larry King. In 2008, Vitale appeared in the movie, The Search for a Balanced Life, which focused on building a healthy lifestyle, and in 2009, he appeared in the movie, The Compass, which traced an inspirational journey.
Through his books, audio programs, courses, and private mentoring, Dr. Joe Vitale has helped thousands of people improve their lives and achieve success by using the principles of the Law of Attraction.
A Partial List of Books Authored by Joe Vitale
- Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
- The Abundance Paradigm: Moving from the Law of Attraction to the Law of Creation
- Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words
- The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) From the Inside Out
- The Secret to Attracting Money
- The Key: The Missing Secret for Attracting Anything You Want
- Life's Missing Instruction Manual: The Guidebook You Should Have Been Given at Birth
- The Missing Secret: How to Use the Law of Attraction to Easily Attract What You Want…Every Time
- Buying Trances: A New Psychology of Sales and Marketing
- How to Write and Publish Your Own eBook in as Little as 7 Days
- Meet and Grow Rich: How to Easily Create and Operate Your Own "Mastermind" Group for Health, Wealth, and More
- There's a Customer Born Every Minute: P.T. Barnum's Amazing 10 "Rings of Power for Creating Fame, Fortune, and a Business Empire Today
- The Awakening Course: Discover the Missing Secret for Attracting Health, Wealth, Happiness, and Love!
- Instant Manifestation: The Real Secret to Attracting What You Want Right Now (Your Coach in a Box)
- The E-Code: 33 Internet Superstars Reveal 43 Ways to Make Money Online Almost Instantly--Using Only E-Mail!
- Expect Miracles: The Missing Secret to Astounding Success (Your Coach in a Box)
- The Seven Lost Secrets of Success: Million Dollar Ideas of Bruce Barton, America's Forgotten Genius
- Attract Money Now (Your Coach in a Box)
- Your Internet Cash Machine: The Insiders Guide to Making Big Money, Fast!
- Cyber Writing: How to Promote Your Product or Service Online (Without Being Flamed)
- Inspired Marketing!: The Astonishing Fun New Way to Create More Profits for Your Business by Following Your Heart
- The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History!